Based on the bestselling book series by Andy Briggs

Shop in Ireland

Chaseingstars

Re: Shop in Ireland

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Ava's eyes were trained on a large rabbit. She flew up high before diveing down a grabbing it with her claws. She perched in a tree and began eating it.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:40 am

Elli watched as the hawk killed the rabbit, once it started tearing into it, the girl couldn't watch Ava any more. "Right, I'll go hunting." she felt her stomach rumble, she hadn't eaten since the day before yesterday. Ava had woken her up and ruined the chance for her to eat.
    She grabbed her bow, which had been on her shoulder, and stalked off, finding a trail of fresh red deer tracks.

About and hour later, Elli came back, struggling to drag a red stag carcass, a bloodied arrow shaft stick out of it. She gave up, leaving it about 5 ft. from camp. She needed a rest so she sat down on her mossy log, in front of the fire pit.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Ava was laying in the tree. The bloodly bones of the rabbit scattered on the ground. Ava had her legs wrapped tightly around the tree. A thick brach souporting her. Another branch was close to the top of her body. Two more thinish but thick enough to souport her were around herside area like a cradle. Her arms wrapped around the branch right above her.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Elli breathed in deeply, catching up on her sleep. "Well at least one of us is enjoying ourselves." she got up again, once more trying to bring her kill over to the fire pit. She dragged and tugged at it, barely getting it to move. It slowly inched forward, bit by bit. After a few grueling minutes, her deer was at it's destination. She pulled out her old deer antler dagger, quickly skinning the beast. She placed the skin on the same branch she'd place her first one, to dry out by the rays of the sun. Meanwhile, she sliced some meat of it's hindquaters and skewered it on a roasting stick. She placed it across two other sticks in the ground, making a perfect roasting pit. She let it sit there as she took an antler and whittled. After a few moments, the shape of a fox could be seen. Airgid'll like this. she smiled, thinking of her friend.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Ava tried rolling over. She was high up in a a maple tree. " Oh my god why can't I move....Oh right i'll just sleep more." She sighed.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

She looked up, Ava awake. Elli waved at her, "Hungry?" she asked, her finger pointing to the deer she had managed to skin and was starting to cook. The air was filled with the scent and Fuil was pawing the ground nervously with her hooves, fear filling her when she caught the smell.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:46 pm

"Not really I ate already...sorry bout that too I think like the animal I turn into." Ava said.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Elli waved it away, "No problem. You couldn't help it. Animals have strong instincts, humans do too." she shrugged, turning her meat just a bit. She had gathered some berries in the woods earlier, so pulled a large handful out and started munching on fresh wild strawberries. They were small but sweet, they were excellent.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:21 pm

"Yup..."Ava yawned falling into a deep slumber.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Elli finished her meal, enjoying the venison and sipping fresh water from her canteen. She laid back against the log, watching the fire burn vigorously. "What am I going to do today?" she sighed, wishing there was something to do. Then her eyes grew dull, The cabin.
    She shook Airgid awake, knowing this was something she couldn't do on her own.

Airgid yawned deeply, rudely awaked from his sleep. "Can I help you?" he growled, annoyed.

The teenage girl looked down on her friend, "I need your help."

Airgid nodded simply and got up, slowly. "Where to?"

Elli didn't reply, just walked towards the cabin, a short distance away from the camp.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 pm

THe slumbering ava held tight to the tree. Awakeing from a horrible nightmare a hour after Elli had left. Ava slipped from the tree. She became a hak once again for the drop would very deadly
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:13 pm

When Elli arrived at the cabin, she headed to the shed in the back. It was very large and well lighted, this is where her Grandfather held all his tools. Airgid was following her, but she didn't want him too. She stopped and turned around, "Airgid,I need you to start a hole. It has to be big, very long, but not so wide. Make it deep." she said, her voice trembling. Her blue eyes were watery again, but she wasn't going to stop with her plans.

The white fox simply nodded and went to work, starting a shallow hole behind the cabin. The soil was fertile and soft, making it easy digging, but after a few minutes and two feet later, the effort was starting to take a toll on old Airgid and his breathing was getting heavier. Of course, he wouldn't give up since Elli had told him to do it, and he knew why.

Elli wiped her eyes, nailing to wooden planks together. She took a chizzle and started to carve out the name "Constantine Flintstrike" sniffling, she finished it. She took out some black permanent paint and filled in the letters, her hands quivering.

Airgid heaved himself up onto level ground, gasping for air. He was done. It was tall enough for him to have to leap with his old bones out of. He felt it was close, his time was nearing for him to leave this world. He just didn't know what he would do about Elli, he would have to tell her. He couldn't die on her, she'd be crushed. It would be like losing her grandfather all over again, he knew it. Regardless it was going to happen.

The girl came out of the shed, approaching Airgid as she placed the cross on the ground. She rubbed the fox's head for a quick moment before standing up again. "Come on Airgid, I need your help." she whispered, going inside the cabin.

Minutes later the corpse of Constantine Flintstrike was buried, a single cross bearing his name marked the grave.

Elli sat on the ground, weeping for the final time as Airgid sat beside her, leaning against the teenage girl's shoulder.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Ava had walked to the cabin. The sound of weeping filled her ears. Ava drapped her arm around Elli. She leaned her head on her shoulder Pulling her into a hug.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Airgid practically smiled when he saw what Ava was doing. He stood up on his hind legs, leaning his front paws onto Elli's body and licked her tear filled face.

Elli realized after a few moments that Ava was there and backed away, wiping her eyes quickly she forced herself to stop crying. It would have to wait for another time, if there was another time. "I- I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying like, like some little baby." she sniffed, standing up and brushing herself off. She still had the clothes that she had put on the other day. She missed her archery robe.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:17 pm

"It's fine. Lots of times I want to cry for the family I never had. But many at the foaster home look up to me. So I ball my emotions up and just act to strong to cry like my life is perfect. But it's not. I haven't cryed once my entire life. I always sucked it up. If you have to cry, Cry. It's how we show that we need somebody there. I never cryed so nobody has ever been there for me..." AVa said. Looking down at the grave. The pain still hurt inside. This girl found how to make her happy. But Ava was not a happy person.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Elli looked down, her heart still aching to see her grandfather alive again. "No, it's time I moved on." she said, turning away and going back into the cabin. It was time she found out more about her Grandfather.

Airgid followed Elli in, only to stop by Ava's side. He nudged against her, pushing her towards the cabin. She didn't want her friend to go through this alone.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Ava stood. Sadly picking up the old fox. She needed some comfort of her own. For her own father was out there not bothering to even speak with her. So she hugged Argied close and walked after her friend.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 am

Airgid let out a gentle sigh, giving Ava a lick on her cheek. A friend of Elli was a friend of his, right?

Elli went into the cabin, immediately heading to the dresser in her grandfather's room. She took a few moments, nervous to open the drawers that might in fact hold her past.
    Mustering her courage, she grabbed hold of the two handles that bore a grip on each side of the drawer, and pulled them fast open with all her strength.
    Clothes, that's all that here. I'm so foolish, of course it's only clothes!
    She let the drawer fall on the ground, turning around. The wooden shelf hit the floor and broke, a metallic ting hitting the ground with it. What? That doesn't sound right. she slowly turned her body so that she faced the broken drawer pieces, assorted clothes and...

Guns!Ever kind of gun you can imagine is in here!
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Ava slipped in. She stared at the guns in shock. Tighting her grip alittle on argid in fear.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Elli was in shock, she couldn't move. Her entire body was frozen, chilled as ice. When she heard Ava walk in it felt as if a new fire sparked inside her, melting away the cold feeling within. She crouched down immediately and searched the pile. "Pistol, shotgun, rifle, silencer, dagger, machete?" she went on, naming each gun she found and placing it on her grandfather's bed. She pulled another drawer out roughly, causing it to fall and crash onto the wooden floor bellow. She again searched through the remains, finding all sorts of documents, they looked extremley important. She picked all of them up, finding that each one had a name and a red X over it. "Why?" Elli pondered, continuing the scour. She picked up the last one. The only one with no X upon it, "Charles Martin". She sat down, her back against the handmade bed. She thought alone, for a few moments, she felt, isolated.

Airgid let out a whimper as he was squeezed, but he adjusted to it. Just go through it for a little while...
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 pm

"Oh i'm sorry." Ava said kissing the foxes head a loosening her grip alittle but enough so he wouldn't fall. As ava watched Elli. Than she saw the papers."He....Was a....Hitman?....Assain...mercanay...A goverment worker...or....A spy...for the villians... Oh Elli i'm so sorry..." Ava was shocked. Her friend's grandfather was not the man they thought she was. She set argid down. Thought quickly and ran out side. Turned into a white wolf with a black tail legs snout and a racoon mask over her eyes. Her eyes a soft cherry blossem pink. She grabbed the arrow she remembered dropping. She ran inside. settiing down beside elli. She began sniffing it alot scenting the human smell around it.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Airgid sat beside Elli, "My young pupil, your Grandfather was a hired killer." he barked softly.

Elli looked over at the fox, her eyes starting to water again.

Her companion couldn't look at her straight in the face for a few moments, he stared at the floor. "I used to watch him when my mother still allowed me in her territory. A strange man would come over, wearing a suit and caring briefcases. Then he'd leave without a trace. It always happened that way." he whimpered, sadly telling the truth.

Elli let her head ease up, letting his words sink into her. "My Grandfather was a hit man." she sniffed, rubbing her eyes. "Then that must be why he was killed." she looked down, seeing a white wolf scenting a broken arrow, stained with blood. She looked down at it, "Ava? Where did you get that?"

Airgid took immediate interest and went over to beside her. He began scenting it with her, memorizing the strong scent which had begun to fade to a faint smell since it sat for so many years without a single being to touch it.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:23 pm

"This should be the arrow that killed your grandfather. I think it was the one I dropped at least." Ava barked looking up at her with her pink eyes.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Elli sat in amazement, could there really be a clue to her Grandfather's killer? Did she really want to find her Grandfather's killer? For all she knew, it could've been a hired gun killing another. Business was like that. "I'm not sure I want to know who did it." she said unsure, her eyes wandering towards the pillow. She needed something to hold and Airgid was busy. She grabbed it and held it tight, squeezing it as hard as her arms would allow. She felt something hard, really hard. "What?" She said as she reached her arm inside it. "I don't think I could take anymore surprises." she recoiled her hand, nothing in it's grasp. She laid the pillow back on the ground, "Maybe another day." she sighed, not sure at all what she should do with such a thing that might be within the soft pillow.

Airgid stepped away from the headless arrow and leaned against Elli, trying to comfort her in the best way he could. "Don't worry Elli, sometimes it's best we know the truth. That way you might learn from others mistakes." he barked softly, licking her limp hand that had left the pillowcase.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 am

Ava poked at the second pillow on the bed. She thought seh felt something hard. "I think I found another surpise..." Ava called. RIpping the pillow case open she found the diary of elli's grandfather.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 am