Based on the bestselling book series by Andy Briggs

Shop in Ireland

Ellimint Saig Deoir

Re: Shop in Ireland

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 am

Elli rubbed her now sore head, "Oh man. This day just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?" she sighed. "You wanna read or may I?" she asked, figuring she might as well do something about it. She knew what it was, she wanted to know what was in it. Why not?

Airgid looked up at the diary, "This ought to be very interesting. From what you told me, Constantine was a very... peculiar man." he barked calmly, waiting patiently for words to be read out of the pages of the leather book.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Ava held up her paws. Than grabed teh leather book with her mouth and handed it to her.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Blowing a fine stream of air from her mouth, Elli took the book and opened it to the first page. She began to read:
    March 27, 1957
    Today I've taken up classes to learn how to fight. My mother said I could now that I've just turned 11. At a Kung Fu building run by a Japanese man the students have to call Sensei. It's supposed to be really hard, but I'm ready for the challenge. Mother told me that father was a war hero during the second Great War. He received the Medal of Honor for giving his life. I was little then, Mother cried a lot and I didn't know why until two years ago. Now I know that I'll never see Father again, but I will try to live in his footsteps and be a great man.

The teenager looked up, "Well that was interesting. My Grandfather learned Kung Fu." she threw her arms up in the air, "How amazing." she said sarcastically.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Ava chuckled. She crawled closer. " I don't want to know what happened on this bed." She said before jumping off it.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Elli looked up at the bed, "I don't know either, let's skip forward in this little story of ours." she furrowed her brows and skipped a large section of the book. "Now let's see what our elderly fellow went through.
    May 15, 1964
    I've entered the war. I'll be just like Father now, I'm going to prove to Mother that I'm not some waste of air. I've been entered into the 18th foot division. But since I haven't been the most obedient soldier in the Marine Corp., I've signed up for the 26th Marine Canine Division. I'll be assigned my own dog and brought up to the front line in North Vietnam. I can't wait, I love dogs."

Elli looked up, "He was in the Vietnam War? Wasn't that just Americans in that war?" she questioned Ava, she would probably know more of it since she went to school. Elli dropped out when she was eight, people probably thought Ellimint Deoir was dead by now, but she was healthy and strong.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:34 am

"Umm...YOu know what I skipped the day they tuaght that. I sorta dont go to school alot. It's boreing." Ava said looking back "hehe"
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:12 pm

"Hmm." Elli looked back at the book, rereading the entry in her head. "I want to keep reading." she said, thankful that her Grandfather had taught her to read, everything she didn't get when she stopped going to school.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 pm

"well go ahead... It's pretty interesting." Ava barked. She layed down wrapping her tail around her.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:55 am

ooc: sorry, I had to stop that post. Razz

Airgid nodded, "I agree." he barked, listening for more words.

Elli nodded, "Alright. I skip just a little ahead this time, just so we won't miss that much.
    August 3, 1956
    Badger and I went into action today. We took on a group of Charlie down in South Vietnam with a platoon of Marines. I got hit in the arm, but the doc said it was only a flesh wound and that it would heal in about three weeks. More or less. It didn't matter, I was proud of my canine companion. Badger took down his own Vietnam man, by himself. I told him not to and scolded him afterward, but I ended up giving him a great smile and praising him. I don't know why, but I'm a big softy for dogs. Or animals in general, or so I think.
    I managed to tag a few myself, about three. Me and the boys were issued semi-automatic rifles, though I forget what type they're called. I was one of the top shooters, the other trainers gave me this nickname. "Crack-shot Constantine" I think it's funny and smile at them whenever they do, but I'd like to come up with nicknames for my friends. There's John, Rick, and, of course, Duke.
    John was drafted and decided to go for the Canine Handler team since he has a dog at home. Of course they wouldn't let him bring his own dog, a black lab named Blue, I'm told. So they issued him a dog named Butch, a fine looking German Shepard. Thick and hardy looking.
    Rick, well, he's an all around joker. He loves to pull pranks. The dog he got, Lady, he calls her, he taught her how to do tricks. She can beg, play dead, roll over, she can even flip in the air if he tells her too. When we do get some spare time he pulls out some cards and we play poker, sometimes he shows us some card tricks and how to do them, but we never can. He grins so wide you could fit the whole sky in between and still have room.
    Duke is the wild one. He wanted to be in the war. He usually puts himself in the most danger he can. He carries a large buck knife where ever he goes so he can get up close and dangerous if he has to. He's the Crack-shot when it comes to throwing daggers, too. He can split a hair with a machete with both eyes closed. He doesn't care though, he's always bloodthirsty and loves to kill the Charlie. We don't take it to heart, John, Rick, and I, we know it's just temporary. Some of the soldiers get that way when war comes upon them. What ever the cause, he got a black German Shepard mix named Jaws. Though he and his name are dangerous, that pup could never be more playful. He doesn't care who it is, as long as their in uniform, he loves to lay next to them and get a belly rub. We all love his dog, Jaws."
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:45 am

ooc": so many words

Ava listened. "Aww dogs I love animals...Ha there's a movie called jaws." Ava giggled.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm

ooc: lolz, Ik. U wouldn't believe the muse I have when I'm about to drop dead from exhaustion. XD

Elli looked up from the diary, giving Ava an irritated glare. "That's helpful." she said sarcastically, thinking. "Ireland wasn't in Vietnam. I'm sure of it. And even if we were, we didn't have Japanese immigrants. Not back then." she said, staring down at the ground. Her eyes flashed silver and gold as she thought and thought, irritation building up. "How do I know where I come from!" she yelled, throwing her arms in the air from her aggravation.

Airgid gave Ava a surprised look, he glanced over to Elli. "Calm down, you'll figure it out. Your bright." he tried to calm his friend down.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:32 am

"Elli your older than me and still know far more than me. And I have privite tutors and go to school. I couldn't figure out half the stuff you can. Or even begin to comprehand any of it. I mean I can barely read." Ava said. She changed back human. "I may know i'm japenese but I don't know what else I am. I mean look at these women and japan dont have these!" Ava said pointing at her boobs. Most girls in japan got implants cuase they had natural small boobs.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:42 am

Elli couldn't help but laugh at Ava's remark. Covering her eyes with her hands as she shook with her giggling, Elli wiped a tear of joy from her blue eyes as she looked back up. "I guess your right. It doesn't really matter where you come from anyway, right?" she smiled at her new friend, her topaz eyes burning fiercely with determination. "But I'm not giving up on this one." She opened the book back up, "If he was in the military, then he came back to wherever he came from. If we can find the page of the entry where he came back, then he'll probably write where he is." she said, searching through the pages with her eyes blaring with their silver and gold colors.

Airgid smiled, happy that the 15 year old wasn't at all upset anymore. As a matter of fact, it looked as if she thought the thing a lesson. Or a training session that he'd set up for her, where she had to think to figure it out.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:08 am

Ava smirked. "there we go." She leaned on the bed crossin gher arms.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:18 am

Elli remained on the hard wood floor, her mind rushing thoughts as she raced through the many old pages of the book, telling the history of Constantine Flintstrike. "Here." the girl stopped at he exact page she had found that held the word 'return'. She read the passage:
    This is it. I've lost my boy, Badger. They military took the poor pup and put him down. I was told it was swift, a well aimed bullet to the head to make it painless. Though I know no real harm was caused, I still hold the rage of my sadness within me. That dog was like a brother to me, we went everywhere together. But the war was over and I was to return to America, back to Chicago. Hopefully mother was still there. She'd be impressed, she had to be. After all the years of scolding and scorn she gave me, she had to accept me now.

"America! I'm from America, Ava! We figured it out!" she cried, jumping onto her feet with the ease of her youth as she hopped about with joy.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:22 am

Ava let out a loud snore of surpise. "I swear rebecca I didn't put the paint bucket in the hall. I didn't push samantha in it I swear to god." She screamed jumping up eyes wide.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am

Elli stopped immediately, looking at Ava as if she lost her mind. What's up with her? Then she realized what had happened, pointing a finger at her, she cracked up laughing. "Ha ha! You fell asleep! Haha!" she giggled, laughed, and chuckled all at the same time. This was the best time she had had in a while, ever since her grandfather died.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:44 am

"Oh god thank you your not the house mother. I would have so been dead just than if you were." Ava sighed placein ga hand over her heart hopeing it would stopp raceing. "I hope she didn't step in the paint hehe"
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:52 am

Elli wiped the tears from her cheeks, all the laughing had caused the water to stream down her cheeks, from her blue and bright eyes. Regaining herself, she breathed in deeply. A trick Airgid taught her to calm her down when she was too angry. "Alright, know what?"

Airgid sat beside the bed, staying a safe distance away from the two in case things got a little too energetic.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:56 am

"Lets go off to different lands and have adventure." Ava screamed pointin her finger in the air than yawned. "Scratch that lets go to town and get some coffe."
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:04 am

"Town?" Elli questioned that, she wasn't sure she wanted to go back to town. She wasn't used to the crowds. "If you want, I guess." she said nervously, doing her best to mask her feelings, though she wasn't really trying.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:37 am

"DOn't worry like everyone is asleep." Ava pointed at the cloack."It 5 in the morning."
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 am

Elli's eyes widen with surprise, "Whoa. How long have we been here?" she muttered, practically under her breath. Picking up the diary she dropped on the floor, she placed it neatly on the bed and went over to the dresser. "If I'm going anywhere, I've got to get new clothes. These are starting to get really gross from all the dirt." she opened the drawers, her grandmothers clothes in the dressers. They were her size and they didn't look too bad. They were plain, but it looked as if it were made for a young person. When did she die? I can figure that out later.

Airgid stretched, his old form getting even older and tired. "We've been here for about two hours. For some reason, you came over here during the middle of the night. Heaven knows why." he shrugged, laying down on the ground to wait.
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Ava smirked at her friend. "Yea. Let me take a look at those." She said relizeing her clothes were ragged from sleeping in teh trees.
    She grabbed a cute black and red shirt. And than a pair of skinny jeans. She walked over to the closest and got dressed in them. She got a cup of water and a rag. She starting buffing her platform boots. Than changed her bandges. Opening a few scabs with her nail so they started bleeding. When she was done with everything he grabbed a black jacket from a closet that would show off her curves. "Your grandma had a good taste of style."
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Elli laughed, "Yeah. I just want a shirt and a pair of pants. I'm not much for fancy things." she shrugged, pulling out a white low-cut collar t-shirt and a plain pair of black pants.
    "Gimme a sec." Elli put up her pointer finger to show the number one. She slipped behind the door, pulling it in front of her so that she could change. After a brief moment and a few noisy ruffles of fabric, Elli came out in new clothes, brushing her sides down. "Fits." she said simply.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:05 am