Hero.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on the bestselling book series by Andy Briggs

2 posters

Regular Life

Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Regular Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Regular Life

Post  Chaseingstars Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 pm

"Were fine, and we're from japan we flew in with our school. Something about culture I think," Kukurou said.

The silent Rosuto turned her head down torwad sher lap, but a bit of hair moved for a glimpse of the bandges underneath, only for a second.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 am

Avira rose an eyebrow. "Japan, eh? That suits ya better." she nodded, and then she smiled. "And ya can't find better culture than that of the bush people." she laughed a little, "Not that we've been out in the bush anytime lately. Actually, it's been quite a while, hasn't it li' Bro?" she asked, turning her head to where Nicodemus was standing there like an idiot.

Still staring. I'm so helpless. he told himself silently. What was he to do? He wasn't going to leave the kitchen, even if they didn't want anything. He was going to stay right where it was safe, only to come out when it was necessary. When his sister needed it.
    Sure enough, Nicodemus heard his sister. Looking over at her, he nodded his head. "Yeah, about three weeks. But we were due to go this Friday. A group of friends and I. I wasn't so sure what you were doing, so I didn't ask you." he shrugged. Truth be told, he didn't want his sister there. Why would he want someone bossing him around like a little three year old?
    He wasn't just going to be in the group, he was going to lead it, and he wasn't just about to hand over the reins to Avi and back away. No way.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:41 am

"Interesting, I herd there are some rather deadly animals out there, I'm more intrested n the scavengers tough." Rotuso said her voice was soft, since it wasn't used to much. She picked her head up a bit, feeling her raven shake itself awake under her hands. It sat up and bounced on to her shoulder.

"That's just like you huh, I would rather see a large big cat stalking down it's prey," She luaghed abit as Karusa shook himself up ain a flurry of black feathers.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Avira laughed along with them, so they did know about Australia. Or so they say. "I'm with her on this one. If you're into predators, nothings better than a full-grown croc from Australia." she grinned, nodding to Hukukuru. She'd been on a few bush trips, just like the ones Nick was talking about. And she'd seen quite a few things while she was there. Crocodiles weren't the only things.

"And who would expect more from a rash, stubborn, and hot-headed teenager such as yourself?" Nicodemus glared at his sister, crossing his arms as he sat down on a chair in the dining room, leading right off from the living room where they all sat. "Animals that think for their own, survive by themselves, like scavengers as she said, are far better than anything else. They have to depend on their wits to survive." he looked at Avira. Sure, he was overreacting, but she never took him seriously unless he did. Maybe that's how it was for all younger siblings.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Hukurou cocked an eyebrow. Her black eyes shined with humor. "Yea, but there are ambush hunters they have wits. They need them or they can't hide. Lions! They work as a group to catch food, so that means there smart enough to work togather!" Hukurou argued with the younger brother of Avria.

"Yea Hukurou, but scavengers often go awhile without food, and often lions kills to much than they need. So the scavengers pick up after them, and make sure disease epidemics don't spread," Rosuto's voice was calm and computer like.

"You know your way to smart for your age....."
    Hukurou said. "And you speak so calmly it pisses me off sometimes. YOur lucky your my best friend!" Hukurou grinned, "I should be smarter owls are wise and my name means owl," She luaghed. Rosuto smiled softly her head turned torwads her best friend.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Nicodemus kept his arms crossed, "And they always no whether to fight or flee, their balance of that hormone is remarkable." he replied, adding on to what Rosuto had stated.

The teenager rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up Nick. You're such a nerd. And it's not even cool. At least she can be cool while being smart." she shut him up. Avira looked over at the two, "Got anything planned? I could take you out to the bush if ya wanted to check it out." she suggested, hating sitting around the house. She couldn't play her violin anymore, and she hated doing nothing.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:15 pm

"Sure sounds like fun, we got nothing to do, and nobody waiting for us. The class can leave for all we care, come Rosuto, Karusa can get some exercise. That fat crow needs it!" Hukurou said bounceing up and pulling her friend up behind her.

"He's a raven, you know how sensitive he can get when you call him a crow. One of these nights he's gonna pluck your eyes out and eat them." Rosuto said getting pulled up.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Avira stood up, brushing off her hands on her shorts. "Cool. I'll be right back." she turned and leaped up two or three stairs when she stopped and looked at Nick. "Don't freak them out." she warned him.
    Her brother was so strange, so quiet. She knew other boys, they were far outgoing and strong and courageous and, above all, hot. Why did her brother have to be so lame?

Nicodemus shrugged his sister off as Avira left upstairs. He stood up and looked at the raven. "He is a beautiful bird. He isn't from Japan, is he?" he could tell just by the sheer size of the bird that it was a male. It wasn't hard to see that it was a raven, not a crow. Once again, he could see just by the wingspan of the amazing aviator.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:36 pm

"Yea, well i don't really know he crashed into the room, and I took care of him. After that he just sorta stayed with me." Rosuto said. Hukurou watched the stairs.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Nick leaned forward on his chair, gazing at the raven. "It's amazing that he would stay with you, without even a thought of leaving. Ravens are very clever, one of the smartest birds in the world. But you knew that, didn't you?" he asked, looking up at the girl.
    He loved birds. Ravens were spectacular, but parrots, especially King Parrots, were beautiful. He might end up sketching the girl's bird.

Avira jumped down the last few steps, a bright green baseball cap on her head. Her hair was up in a loose ponytail she now wore skater sneakers. She always preferred them over the hiking boots or regular sneakers, like the ones her brother wore.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 pm

"Of course, he's rather loyal tough, I can't count how many times he had scared a bully off," Rosuto said. She liked this boy he was smart like her.

"Hey....I don't think I know your name," Kukurou kuaghed scratching the back of her head like and idiot.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Nicodemus looked at the girl, catching her gaze as he smiled warmly. "I can only imagine having a companion like that. I've always wanted a dingo, myself." he explained. He was about to state what his name was, he even opened his mouth and took in a breath, but of course, his sister had to interrupt.

"Yeah, stupid. What's your name? You didn't forget it, did ya?" Avira grinned at her brother, happy to humiliate him.

Nick glared at her, "As I was about to say," she locked angry eyes with his sister before looking back at the other two. "My name is Nicodemus. But since it's such a long name, people call me Nick. Which ever name suits you is what I'll answer too." he said standing up. He was ready for the bush, but, he felt like he was missing something.
    My Sketchbook!
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm

"Right......Er, what's your name?" Hukurou looked over at the girl on the stairs.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Avira laughed. "Hey, well looks like I found someone with my kinda listenin' skills. Name's Avira." she held out her hand, to shake and greet.

Nicodemus was the next one to speak, with curiousity prickling at his mind. "But... we have yet to know your names. Who are you two?" he asked, rather rudely. He was eager to gather his things, but he wanted to know who the girls were first.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:26 pm

"I'm Hukurou, means owl, I ain't the smartest person tough," She luaghed shakeing Avira's hand.

"I'm Rosuto, it means lonely." She spoke and her raven cawed. "Right, and this is Karusa, It means raven or crow fits him perfect."
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Avira shook Hukuro's hand. "Nice meetin' ya." she stood back, looking at the two of them and their bird. "Right then, better get a move on before the sun sets. You can't imagine what's out there at night." she said, remembering the wild dogs and snakes.

Nicodemus nodded to the two girls. "I suspected your name, since before you said it meant owl. But I like both of your names. They have meaning." he almost giggled. "Ours don't mean a thing."
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Hukurou shrugged."Yea I guess, butI am practically a human lie detector, heh, Yea I wouldn't wanna be out there at night the big bad scary...." She was sneaking up on a unsuspecting Rosuto "puppy might get you!" She yelled grabbing her friends shoulder and shakeing them. Karusa went into the air flapping.

Rosuto screamed and phunched her friends face down ward in panic. "Oh my god Hukurou you know you shouldn't scare me like that!" She said bending down to her friend.

"Note to self never, ever sneak up on rosuto..... I need excedrian...." Hukurou said getting pulled up by the shorter Rosuto.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Nicodemus laughed out loud, amazed that the girl was so easily scared. It was hilarious. But... human lie detector? She could sense his lies? Now she probably thought he was a coward. Great.

Avira opened the door, "Yep, yep. All great thoughts, but I'm bored and I'm heading out. Any followers?" she was rushing, yes, but she was far too bored to hang about and wait on the other three.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Rosuto nodded and got pulled by the sleeve by her bird. "Hey, stop that you'll run me into...." Rosuto hit a wall her ran sticking out the door. "wall...."

Hukurou grabbed teh bird and put it on her friends shoulder. Than grabbed the sleeve of the girl and led her out the door.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Avira held back a laugh, she held the door open with a grin on her face. She followed the two, taking lead instinctively.

Nicodemus looked at the girl who had run into the wall. She should have seen it, why did she run into it head on? Without the slightest intention to stop?
    He kept his thoughts to himself and set off, locking the doors behind him after he grabbed his sketchbook, and mingled in with the group of three females. "What part are we heading to today?"

Avira answered simply, "East."
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Rosuto was scolding her bird for for makeing her run into the wall. The bird had a powerful flight, and he played tricks on the poor blind girl time to time.

"Rosuto give it a rest, last time he played a trick on you he didn't even pay attention ot you, he never listens and you know that." Hukurou said.

"Ugh, yea, yea, smart bird....Sometimes I think he doesn't have a brain." Rosuto mummbled holding onto hukurou's wrist.

"Hey, I heard that!" The bird called out forgetting others can understand him.

"Shut it!" Rosuto yelled at the bird.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Avira was too busy letting her fingers form fingerings on her invisible violin, playing pretend music with powerful chords and intense notes. Too bad she couldn't have her real violin with her.

The boy felt his eyes widen. Did that bird just talk? No way. It wasn't possible. There was absolutely, positively, no possible way that raven could have said a word.
    But he couldn't stop himself. He walked beside Rosuto, leaning up next to her ear. "He didn't just talk did he?" he whispered, not wanting to insult the raven, just in case he could. The bird might take it as an insult, although he shouldn't.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 pm

"ER, noo not at all....urg i'm a horrible liar, damn it Karusa stop being a fatty I tod you not to talk outside of the apartment!" She scolded the bird.

"Stupied oversized fat crow, litsen to her sometimes she smart you know." Hukurou said to the raven.
    Ellimint Saig Deoir
    Ellimint Saig Deoir

Post  Ellimint Saig Deoir Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Nicodemus laughed at that moment. "No worries. I won't tell. But it's astonishing, how did he learn to speak?" he asked, curious to know. Where did a raven, a bird, learn to speak English as fluently as he and Avira did? As a matter of fact, how did the two girls know English? It didn't really matter, but he knew that the raven wasn't fat. Just a little overweight.
    Chaseingstars
    Chaseingstars

Post  Chaseingstars Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:28 pm

"Ever heard of animal testing forceing human genes in a bird. Not the best idea. I got away and crached into here, Rosuto's window landing on her face." Karusa answered the boy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am