Hero.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on the bestselling book series by Andy Briggs

2 posters

Practical Prank Gone Wrong(Open)

Lennon
    Lennon

Practical Prank Gone Wrong(Open) Empty Practical Prank Gone Wrong(Open)

Post  Lennon Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:44 pm

It was five PM in the bustling city of Michigan, a beautiful site as the sun set low behind the shadowy buildings. Perfect! Cars whizzed past the alleys and various streets, creating a steady hum that was interrupted every now and then by the rare gap in the traffic. Many other sounds could be heard above the noise; a crow cawing, a dog barking, the occasional wolf howling. Mostly animal sounds. Nothing big.

This goes here... And this over here... A soft clanging could be heard in a secluded alleyway off the highway, so that nothing but the occasional headlights could pierce the inky darkness of the area. A young girl, wearing a red tank-top and faded jeans, was moving heavy planks of wood over into a pile by a deserted building. I'm so lucky this part of town is ignored by everybody. Nobody lives here... or next door.... or anywhere near here.the girl thought, wiping her hand over her forehead after moving a pale piece of plywood. Her face, looking youthful, was pale pink from exertion. I don't even need my costume!

The orphan sighed and leaned back, admiring her work. She'd been here since about noon, hauling this lumber here and arranging it to her liking. A jacket hung off of a metal rod jutting out of the remote building, discarded after a little bit of moving the wood. She'd grab it later.

Just what was all this wood for anyway? And why the strange pattern? Well, if you looked at it it wasn't all that strange. It looked like the beginnings of a campfire, a large, flat piece of plywood on the bottom to keep the triangular structure steady and away from the wet ground. The girl stood after a moment of resting, stretching. "My neck's killing me,"she muttered, rubbing her neck with one hand. Her hair, normally a golden curtain around her face, was pulled back into a long ponytail, her bangs kept free and hanging just above her eyes.

Time for a Phoenix to start a fire! She breathed in deeply, then flicked her hand into her pocket, pulling out a bundle of napkins. "Easy ignition." She focused all the heat in her body into her index finger tip, seeing a small, controlled flame sprout around her skin. Not quiet touching. She gently lit two or three thin napkins ablaze and tossed them onto the wood; the flame licked hungrily at the smooth material. After a moment they started to die down, so she threw the rest of the bundle on there and watched smoke start coming up.

Then, wanting the fire to blaze brightly and without restraint already, she shot large balls of flame from her palms, making the flames leap high above her head. The girl smiled. "Yes!" She sat down, watching the bright orange flames light the alley and the quickly coming night. She sat there for hours, just watching the fire in amazement. Then, sometime in the night, probably around ten, she dozed off.

I mean, she'd been working all day carting heavy pieces of wood about. Could ya blame her for being tired? But her work was complete, and she didn't have to go home tonight to an empty house afterall! She did this normally if she got lonely. Just because well... It was fun!

Suddenly, she woke from the heat, sweating manically. Her eyes widened;the blaze had caught of the wooden structure of the building next to her! Oh no! She'd slept through the whole thing and caught a building on fire. "Uh,"she said, standing. "What do I do, what do I do?!" The heat on her face surprised her, and she wanted to shrink back. "Crap! I'm in so much trouble!"
    Mandork
    Mandork
    Admin

Practical Prank Gone Wrong(Open) Empty Re: Practical Prank Gone Wrong(Open)

Post  Mandork Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Caleb really hated it when people accidentally burned down forests. It was so stupid and irresponsible, and endangered tons of lies. And now this? A fire in his own home city! He had had to check it out and put a stop to it immediately. The powers he had chosen, may be a bit unorthodox, but he was going to pound whoever had caused this. Flying at high speeds he blazed through the skies, before the morning sun could even come up he would be there. He chuckled this was so amazing it hurt. He crashed down on the scene fire flaming in different buildings and slowly spreading. He looked around through the slits of his Venetian mask, where should he start. Oh. Right, I can start everywhere. Instantly his body split several times, clones surrounding him a large circle. "Team Titan on three. One. Two. THREE! BREAK!" The clones clapped hands in a strange... Funny little way and separated running in different directions all heading towards the building. Some climbing through windows or doors, etc.

It was a sight that would of been pretty funny, six clones of one boy decked out in strange duds running into the burning buildings. The original Caleb walked over to a fire hydrant, his super-strength activated immediately and he smashed his foot on the red object. It bent under the pressure spewing an ocean of water towards burning building, spraying it even from his distance. This was way too easy. The clones would be messing around in the building looking for anyone that would be in danger, that would be really few. The water only made more smoke and steam as it hit the water, it still wasn't enough. Maybe he would just have to call the fire department or something. Or get as many people out as possible. Hopefully, his clones were doing pretty good in there, and not dying from the fumes, or messing around. He had learned meeting ones self for the first time made you look even more like a doofus, and forced you too goof off more than usual.

Suddenly, BOOM! From one of the top windows was an explosion as a clone leaped out of the window. Continuously, more and more piled out until five full clones were falling from it. The collapsed on each other in a big pile. "YOU IDIOTS! ONE AT A TIME!" he screeched at them. But at the end of the chain, another and final clone leaped out this one carrying something that looked like a person. The two... things hit the ground on top of a pile of Calebs. All of the clones slowly began to dissolve and the real Caleb began walking towards the figure, at the very least he could see at what his clones had succeeded in saving that was so important. As he walked towards it he identified it as a girl. That wasn't something you saw every day.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:21 pm

The girl coughed, her chest convulsing as she choked on soot and ash. Her face was blackened and scarred slightly from her escape and rescue type thing, and she seemed uninjured.

OOC:Muse left.
    Mandork
    Mandork
    Admin

Post  Mandork Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:27 pm

"Mouth to mouth!" shouted one of the newly formed clones, it was just three Calebs this time, each of them looking down at the girl with new found interest. He looked at the MtM clone, and smacked him over the head. Yes, he was definitely the goofball form. "Let's perform CPR. I think we're licensed to do that as heroes..." Real Caleb glared at him, "Okay, hero." Smart Clone backed away a little bit. "Then what should we do, Original?" asked MtM. Smart Clone put his hand to the girls neck feeling for a pulse, Caleb thought for a second, he could let the clones handle this, he needed to check on the fire. "Stop! You're not even doing mouth to mouth right, it's more like this." Caleb groaned pinching his forehead and ignoring the clones. They were even more annoying than he had imagined. Caleb walked to the fire hydrant that was losing water, okay so that idea was over. There didn't seem to be that many screams echoing from the building, no screams at all actually. He could destroy it and be on his way in a second, if the clones would stop clowning around. Clones... Clowns... Almost funny.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 pm

The girl faintly heard voices and lifted her head, blinking open sapphire blue eyes. There were several boys crowded around her... And they all looked exactly the same. The soot's in your eyes, Cody!she thought, rubbing her eyes with one hand. It stung and she gasped in pain, blinking rapidly. Her throat felt closed and rough, and every breath felt like pulling a knife through her neck.

Cody lay her head back down. Meh. Let the Clones do it. Wait. Clones! Stupid!she thought, looking over at them through blurry eyes. 'Course they were clones. And of course it just had to be a superhero that saw her fire. Just great. Double. Crap. Wait... She felt lips on hers. WHAT?! This dude was kissing her? She didn't even know him! She wanted to smack the crap outta the costumed dude but she just felt weak. Meh. I can hunt him down later.
    Mandork
    Mandork
    Admin

Post  Mandork Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:45 pm

"Can you both knock it off! Geez." shouted Caleb, really sometimes these clones were just a waste of time. He grabbed the half-wit MtM. "Call me, Babe!" he shouted as he disappeared into thin air. "Smart Clone, pick her up we need to get out of here before the fuzz catches us." Caleb ordered. Whoa. That sounded so good to boss himself around. He really needed to try this again. Smart Clone easily lifted up the girl, using it's super-strength to cradle her as if he she was a baby. "Ready, for lift off?" he asked and Smart Clone nodded bursting into the air with a bang, his ears popping at the abnormal speed he was moving. Real Caleb repeated the manuever just as the fire trucks began to arrive. Now what to do with the girl, hopefully she wouldn't beat the crap out of Smart Clone thinking he was MtM Clone, or think that he was MtM clone... This was really confusing.

"So, girl person. Where do you live? Or do you want us to drop you off right now?" he asked with a smirk. Smart Clone looked at him, obviously not getting the joke. "Come on... We're flying? Drop you off? Splatter on the ground? Come on! These are the jokes people."
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Cody felt an angry blush creep across her blackened cheeks and scowled, refusing to answer. Once I find out where you live, you're toast! Literally. She'd burn his house down or something. Because her first kiss was to a kid. One she didn't even know. This was just her anger talking, but she squirmed uncomfortably. She'd read that Clones dissipate easily; what if the one carrying her was a clone? No matter how much she wanted to sock him, the dude would poof if she hit him and she'd splat.

"Not funny,"she grumbled, glaring over at the other dude. "I live over there- OUCH!" She had been pointing out where she lived, but her arm felt numb;moving it made pain speed through her body. "I think I sprained my arm..."
    Mandork
    Mandork
    Admin

Post  Mandork Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Sprained arm and homeless. That brought up tons of questions, that Caleb was bursting with, but at the most all he could as was, "So you want us to take you to your house or the hospital?" it would be pretty weird to just drop the girl off at the hospital and expect a quick healing magic thing. Didn't you need a name and parents to be checked in with a pediatrician? How would that work? It would only lead to more questions as Caleb descended from the sky, his split personality clone falling with him. They had landed in an alley, which gave Caleb some time to rest. It had taken a lot to fly over here, and even though he basically had to do nothing to fly, he was tired.

Caleb looked over at their captive rescuee. Who seemed both angry, and embarrassed, he would be too if he had just been kissed by some random kid. And not just some random kid, some random CLONE of a kid. Normally, Caleb would of tried to be nice about it, but he was Titan. And Titan took smack from nobody and cared for nothing. "So... Whose a better kisser, me or me?" he joked with a wily smirk.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Cody blushed angrily and jerked upwards, out of the Clone's arms. Then she fell on her butt, wincing. "Ouch,"she muttered, rubbing her arm. "I'll just walk home from here. I don't think it's safe for you to be carrying me anymore,"she said dryly, glaring at the boy.
    Mandork
    Mandork
    Admin

Post  Mandork Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:04 pm

"Wow she's embarrassed." analyzed Smart Caden. "Girl's are even more bratty than I imagined." retorted Caden. Both of them sighed as Smart Caden poofed away in an instant. Caden floated into the air with ease. "Second base on the first date. Wow, some clones have all the luck."
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Cody growled and felt her finger tips grow warm. No. I don't want to start another fire. She started stalking down the street, shaking with rage. "Whenever I found out who that jerk is, he's dead,"she grumbled, glaring up at the sky.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 am