Hero.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on the bestselling book series by Andy Briggs

3 posters

A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later)

Fellmoon

A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later) Empty A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later)

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 am

Jonathon took the illusionary steps down, as they are still about 9 feet off the ground. The Park is calm, no one seemed to be around, and there was a pond not far from where he, Aesha, and Lennon stood.
    As soon as they reached the ground, Aesha flew off Jonathon’s shoulder and started flying around his head.

“Jonathon,” she exclaimed out loud, “What are you thinking. You have given more away tonight then you have ever in the past anyone. You are an irresponsible idiot. You never consider the consequences of your actions, and only think of yourself. You would have died long ago if I hadn’t been around. You, you…”

“Are you done,” Jonathon asked his friend and familiar with a sigh and a frown. He had hoped Aesha wouldn’t rail on him until after this was all over, but annoyingly she couldn’t wait it seemed

“Yes,” she said with a clear pout in her voice, “for now anyway.”

“Thank you,” Jonathon said his smile returning. He turned to Lennon and said calming, “As you can clearly see, Aesha is not happy with me. She is my familiar and also my only real friend. She a sacred foxing fox from India, I meet her there while traveling through her land and searching through one of their many ancient temples. She holds within herself great magical energies, and is able to speak while bats as you have clearly seen. She is also able to stay in constant communication with me telepathically, and also, if they are in physical contact with me or her, to others as well. We share a bond that would be most difficult to break. Walk with me,” Jonathon asked as he walked toward the pond.
    “I was born in the early 17th Century England, so I have been around for around 300 years. My powers are interesting in that I can break them up in about 3 parts. I have immortality, eternal young, and an ability that makes me the greatest prodigy for over 5000 yours. Let me explain, I can start anything, where it is an instrument, a paintbrush and canvas, or even a pen and pencil and learn how to make a masterpiece in a third of the time it would take anyone else. I meant it when I said I has mastered the arts of music, grand illusions, and storytelling. I know more about the past and at a wider range than anyone else… and I hate it.”

Jonathon sighs, “I cannot die of natural means, I cannot grow sick, and I cannot have the joys that come with growing old and have life expire at a reasonable age. The only way I can die is if someone kills me, and frustratingly I must do everything in my power to prevent this from happening. I am a Prime, but I hate being one. I have seen so much pain, so much sorrow. I have seen the destruction rage can bring. I have seen villains, and tyrants’ falls. I have seen heroes, and champions of good give their lives. I must watch all of this, the deaths on both sides sicken me. I have fought on the side of Good, but only when I am truly needed. I leave the fight of crime and defeating villains to other younger and more willing than me. Oh, I still help others when needed. But I try to avoid conflict if possible, as I fear what may happen if I go too far.
    Lennon
    Lennon

A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later) Empty Re: A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later)

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Lennon was silent as the man explained all of this. She didn't seem too surprised that he was over three-hundred-years-old, instead just walking silently at his side. "Have you tried to find a way to reverse your powers?" she asked quietly, after he had finished. She remembered the fight in which she'd nearly died, where the super-powered Prime I.Q. had shot her in her shoulder. He'd disabled her powers once she'd gotten too close to his Octo-Pod-thing, making her unable to fight him effectively.

She crossed her arms and winced slightly as her shoulder reacted, not yet healed. She was only twelve years old, but she understood most of the things that normal kids didn't. She had an unlimited love of reading, per say, she could read for hours on end without tiring.
    Fellmoon

A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later) Empty Re: A Walk in the Park, (Open to only Lennon for now, but possible another later)

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:52 pm

“Yes, but it would only seem to turn off my prodigy ability. I could see not difference with my age. There is I have heard permanent ways to disable a Primes power, but all were dangerous or involved dark magics, preventing me from using them,” Jonathon explains.
    Jonathon sees Lennon wince and asked, “May I,” pointing to the shoulder.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Lennon listened to his explanation, again silently. When he asked about her shoulder she looked at him, confused. "Yes?" she said, blinking.
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:39 pm

"let me show you," Jonathon lightly touched Lennon’s shoulder. Lennon heard Jonathon say something under his breath, though she could not make it out. After a moment, any pain she may have had in her shoulder goes away. “I cast a small spell. You shoulder should be completely healed when you waken tomorrow, and for this afternoon you will not experience any pain,” he told her.
    “Tell me, what do you think about what I told that boy Thomas, about if I were to take one under my wing? Also do you feel I was a bit hoarse towards him”, he asked her.
    General Pig
    General Pig
    Admin

Post  General Pig Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:46 pm

OOC: YES YOU WERE! I COULDN'T EVEN POST BECAUSE THAT REJECTION WAS SO BAD! D< *cries*
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Lennon's eyes widened as her shoulder went.... sorta numb. "Thanks..." she murmured, blinking. The she heard his other questions and nodded. "Yeah. I remember him. Um... I'm not really sure..."

OOC:Failed... post.... *Dies*
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:59 pm

“Now tell me, what do you like to do in your fee time, and how long have you been a downloader”, Jonathon asked.

Aesha changes into her human form, bored with be a bat, and leaned against a tree. She was still pouting, and upset.

ooc: I apologize, I just couldn't imagine Jonathon teach a seven year old, also we both know (Out of game anyway) that he cannot handle teasing, mean that he would not be the best choose. I mean look at Jonathon’s bio, he lost control and it killed a lot of people and created 3 demons, and later another one that looked like his wife. Also I stated that I would consider it, I just felt that Thomas and Jonathon would not be a good mix.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:03 pm

She felt a little hesitant, telling a complete stranger about her hobbies and other personal things. "Um, I-I like to read. And I like to sing," And that was about it. "I found Hero.Com about four months ago..." Yeah, that was about right. Four/five months ago.
    General Pig
    General Pig
    Admin

Post  General Pig Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:13 pm

OOC: Oh, I don't really care that you did. BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT LIKE THAT! DX Now I'm gonna leave. X3
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Jonathon could see Lennon’s uncertainty, and feels he should be very careful not to scare the girl away. “I apologize for all the questions, I simply wish to know a bit about who I talk to,” he told her.

“Jonathon, what I wish to know is why you are so interested in this girl. I mean you don’t even know if she can cast magical. Also it’s not like she has any confidence or anything, I mean it looks like she a rabbit ready to run,” Aesha said looking at the ground.

“Aesha, please be nice. I know Lennon may not be able to cast magic, which is some I will wish to check,” Jonathon said to Aesha in frustration, rolling his eyes. He turned to Lennon and said with a smile, “I also apologize for my familiar, she a really nice when you get to know her, I mean I find it difficult not to stop talking something’s, it just… she hates surprises. She likes everything planned ahead of time or at least known about before she faces any problems.”

“Now then,” Jonathon opens the suitcase and rummages inside it a moment. He takes a small sapphire orb, and offers it to Lennon. “Could you hold this,” he asked.
    ooc: Sigh, I bad at saying no. That was clear with what I had Jonathon say, I hope you can work with it.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Lennon felt hurt at Aesha's words. It's not like she asked to be so timid... It was just who she was. But she pushed that feeling aside. It's not like she was ever going to meet her again, right? She nodded shyly at Jonathan's encouraging words and held out her hands, taking the orb. "Um, what's this for?"
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:38 pm

"You'll see," he said simply.

At first, nothing happened, but after a moment the orb began to glow, and grew warm to the touch.

Jonathon smiled and turned to look at Aesha, almost as if he was laughing at her. Aesha in turn showed surprise, she also showed clear embarrassment that she had misunderstood Jonathon’s intentions.

ooc: General Pig, I post in "Jonathon Plays on the Street Corner".
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:43 pm

She stared at the orb, a small smile playing around her lips as it grew warmer. She looked up in time to see Jonathan's and Aesha's exchange. What, is there something wrong? She felt a small twinge of fear. What if this guy was a stalker or something? Why would a magician be a stalker? Lennon's thoughts battled at her fears. She didn't say anything, her eyes just blank as she waited for him to say something.
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:57 pm

She stared at the orb, a small smile playing around her lips as it grew warmer. She looked up in time to see Jonathan's and Aesha's exchange. What, is there something wrong? She felt a small twinge of fear. What if this guy was a stalker or something? Why would a magician be a stalker? Lennon's thoughts battled at her fears. She didn't say anything, her eyes just blank as she waited for him to say something.

“I see you do have potential for magic. Aesha I think you owe Lennon an apology,” Jonathon said, turning back to Lennon.
    Aesha sighs, but moves towards Lennon, it was hard but she said, “Lennon, I apologize for the hurtful things I said to you, I hope you can forgive me,” surprisingly it was clear Aesha meant her apology.

After a moment, Jonathon then said, “Now imagine your favorite fairy tale, or any fairy tale or story really.”

ooc: just pick a common one like, Little red Snow White, or Jack and the Beanstalk, something like that.
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:00 pm

OOC: OK. XD

Lennon blinked in surprise. "Um, OK." she said, not really sure how to respond. She started thinking. One of her most favorite fairy tales of all time... It had to be Snow White. She started thinking about this fairy tale, closing her eyes and concentrating slightly.
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Jonathon smiles as the story played out inside the orb, he said, “Lennon, look…”
    After Lennon sees he will say, “This is an item that not only reacts to one with magic, it can act as a focuser for the magic one may have. It can then turn any story or image, and have it appear inside the orb. You do have potential for magic.”
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 pm

She opened her eyes. Then she gasped. She saw the story of Snow White playing out before her eyes, displayed on the orb as perfectly as if she was standing there with the characters. Lennon turned to Jonathon, smiling. "This is amazing!" She wasn't completely convinced that she could use magic, though. Maybe he was just giving her a false hope and using his own magic to fool her? But what would he have to gain from that? Absolutely nothing, from as far as she could see.
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

“I would suggest you hold on to this for a while, so you can see what you can do with it,” Jonathon said with a smile. Jonathon rummaged in his pockets and pulled out a card, and gives it to her, it had on it ‘Jonathon Wilder; Entertainer Extraordinaire’. He continued and said, “If you are later interested in considering having you magic potential actually turned into magical ability, just rip this card into pieces. I will come and let you borrow a couple of my books on fairy tales and magic, which you can then look over at you leisure. I will then come every so often and see how you are coming. What do you say?”
    Lennon
    Lennon

Post  Lennon Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

"Um, sure!" Lennon took the card, looking mystified.

OOC: GAWD MY MUSE WAS SHOT!
    Fellmoon

Post  Fellmoon Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Jonathon tipped his hat and, with the words, “May we meet again,” he stepped back into a portal that was not there before. His friend and familiar followed, but turned back and said with a tentative smile, “It’s been fun.”
    ooc: I will need time to consider what to do with Jonathon next, so don’t expect him for a few days, at least.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:03 am